Sunday, March 3, 2019

Chemo Monday???

Just a brief update to say that not a lot has changed in this past week. Though my doctors and nurses seemed certain that I would "bounce back" and "reset to normal" somewhere around 2 weeks post chemo, I feel like my body has been in a holding pattern now for the past 10 days. 10 days ago I would have classified myself as about "60% recovered"; today I would still call it "60% recovered", despite the fact that my blood labs continue to show steady improvement.

 My chief complaints now are:
  • Extreme fatigue
  • Sudden, frequent onset of body chills/coldness (but no fever), which usually lasts a few hours
  • Still experiencing symptoms of "chemo brain"
Bottom line: I just don't feel like myself at the moment.  

This all begs the question: will I get more Chemo on Monday?  I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if the doc lets it slide one more week, in the hope that I will recover further.  Alternatively, he could stick with the schedule and dose me down a bit.  It will be interesting to see what he decides . . . and why.

1 comment: