Friday, February 12, 2021

Bigger is NOT Better!!!

 At least that’s true if you’re talking about tumor size.  So I had a CT-Scan of Chest, Abdomen, and Pelvis (CAP) this past Wednesday morning and just got the results from my doctor today:

Persistent right pelvis mass which may have slightly increased in size since prior examination.

I emphasize the word may.  I’m no Radiologist but I do get a copy of and examine my scans every time.  The software that comes with the scan DVD even allows you to take measurements, which I also do every time.  This being a widespread scan of CAP, rather than a higher resolution MRI of just the pelvis, makes it harder to take accurate measurements.  Honestly, you get different measurements depending upon the angle/orientation you are viewing.  This time in particular I had a harder time getting the exact view I had measured in previous scans.  I will also add that this was a different Radiologist and interpretations can and do vary slightly.

All that to say: neither I nor my Oncologist are in “freak out” mode quite yet.  The plan is to do a follow-up MRI, but that won’t be for another 3-4 weeks.  That scan should provide something more definitive than may.  Hopefully I’ll get another “stable” report, but if it’s anything worse, I’ll deal with it at that time.

Just keeping it real and honest.  

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

—Dave

2 comments: