Friday, January 15, 2021

Happy Anniversary!

Like a typical man, I forgot that today was my cancer diagnosis anniversary.  Not kidding, Holly had to remind me!  Yes, we all know that she is my “better half”!

It’s almost hard to believe that it was 2 years ago today that scans the morning of 01/15/2019 revealed a metastatic recurrence of liposarcoma in my right pelvis.  Things were going so well for so long being cancer free  (10 years) that I just couldn’t believe what I was hearing.  In the subsequent days and weeks, the news was devastating. Just a month earlier, Holly and I had visited Nocatee, Florida and were planning to move there after the boys were out of college (if not even earlier).  But with that news, all of those plans/dreams were put on indefinite hold.

The good news though is I’m still around and things have been “stable” for nearly 1 1/2 years.  I choose to think of this date not so much as a cancer anniversary but more of a survivorship anniversary.  Hopefully things will remain stable for years to come.  

More scans coming on 1/25, so please keep me in your thoughts.

Final thought: always out your spouse first, especially on an anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave, happy for read you again.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Best regards
    Dario

    ReplyDelete