Thursday, April 11, 2019

Tumor Board has Met; Chemo Regimen Unchanged

The Northside Hospital tumor board met last night and reviewed my case.  Just as I predicted, they have decided that the best course of treatment for me at this time is to continue with Yondelis . . . though with a slight dosage reduction (from 1.2 to 1.0).  Hopefully this reduction, in conjunction with well-timed usage of Lasix (to help jump-start my kidneys and rid my body of excess fluids) might just be the right combination to keep the tumor shrinking and my organs healthy.  I can assure you that my organs (liver, kidneys, lungs, and stomach/GI in particular) have suffered tremendously after just two cycles, so I don't want to push them over the edge with Round #3.

Speaking of Round #3, that starts this next Monday (04/15/2019).  Hopefully it's neither a bad omen to have chemotherapy on Tax Day nor a predictor of yet another "taxing" cycle for my body.  Thankfully, this will be all the chemo I will be receiving prior to my cruise (starting on 05/23/2019).

I've been feeling pretty darn good these past couple of days.  This is likely due to being 4 1/2 weeks out since my last cycle and the Atlanta weather being warmer and beautiful.

Next update on Tax Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment