Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Round #3 Started Monday

Round #3 started as scheduled on Monday, April 15, Tax Day.  Though I had some (unexpected) issues with nausea Monday evening along with some serious night sweats that caused the right side of my Tegaderm Transparent Film port covering to come undone (compromising the seal around my port), Tuesday and Wednesday have thus far been uneventful.  The nurses at the infusion center said that any seal compromise can lead to port infection, though they suspect I'll be just fine.  My port IV line was detached as planned on Tuesday following the completion of my 24-hour Yondelis infusion.

As mentioned as last week, my dosage was reduced from 1.2 mg/m2 to 1.0 mg/m2, a 16.667% reduction.  Furthermore, everyone involved with my treatment (doctor, nurses, even me) are all vowing to carefully monitor my weight and treat with Lasix at the first sign of any fluid weight gain.  In general, the plan is to be more proactive with any health issues that may arise.

Well, that's pretty much it for now.  Hopefully the remainder of this week and the following weeks will be as boring at this update!

No comments:

Post a Comment