Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Diagnosis Confirmed: Myxoid Liposarcoma

I received the call this morning from the PA my Orthopedic Oncologist's office confirming the pathology: I have a recurrence of  Myxoid Liposarcoma.  I would assume this is High Grade (as it was 10 1/2 years ago), but I forgot to ask that question.

Next steps: I will meet with an Oncologist at Emory Midtown to discuss a treatment plan.  My Orthopedic Oncologist also wants a meeting.  The timing of these meetings is TBD, though I would suspect that it would be after Thursday of this week as their Tumor Board (i.e., a group of oncologists, pathologists, and doctors who discuss new cancer cases) meets that evening.

Back to the waiting game . . . .



UPDATE: I just was faxed a copy of the pathology report.  Indeed it is High Grade Myxoid Liposarcoma, consisting of "more than 50% round cell component".

7 comments:

  1. You are such an engaging writer. It would be a labor of love to publish your story for all of us. Of course that is probably the last thing you are thinking about right now. Love to you and my roomie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put you on my daily prayer list. Satan has certainly made a mess of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put you on my prayer list.......I'm sorry you're going thru this again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Dave. Keeping you in my prayers! - Sara (Holly's Gator band friend)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a great writer Dave. Keep fighting and writing. Maybe the four of us can get some Mexican food in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, Dave. You are in my daily prayers. PS You just taught me about blog spot URL's and Google+. Keep up the good work! I will need your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you must know I’m praying/fighting for you, both of you! I know the fears of recurrence and this is such a hard thing. I’m thinking of good words like Rock Fortress Comfort Peace. Love and hugs, Nila

    ReplyDelete