Tuesday, September 24, 2024

63

Today is a special day: I just turned 63 today and, coincidentally, also had my 63rd round of chemotherapy at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  What a fun thing to do for a birthday, right?!?  Honestly, I don’t mind at all, especially given that this chemotherapy is what contributes to future birthdays.  A small price to pay for the greatest gift of all: life.

I know it’s been a while since I made an update, so let me just say now that my health remains fairly stable-ish.  Main tumor (in right pelvis) has been stable now for nearly 2 years. There are possibly a few other areas of concern, which are being closely monitored, but nobody (neither my oncologist nor me) is getting too excited/concerned at this point.  

I continue to work full time and travel when I can.  Holly and I just returned from the wedding of our nephew in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.  Beautiful weather during our visit:


For me, the best part about traveling is getting to meet new people and hearing their stories.  It was great seeing family and getting to know our new extended family.

Wishing all my friends, family, and readers many more happy birthdays and future travels!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,
    happy that chemo works. It is still Doxil?
    Dario

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed -- still Doxil. Currently every 6 weeks as this is all my body can tolerate.

      Delete