Thursday, July 23, 2020

Port replacement surgery scheduled for Friday morning

So I ended up being sent to Dr. Ronald Trible of Georgia Infectious Diseases.  To him it was not conclusive as to whether I had a port infection, skin infection, or just a subdermal hematoma.  But, given the issues I've been having of late with my port not wanting to show a blood return (something not previously reported here), and given that I am just 2 weeks away from my next scheduled round of chemo, he said that probably the best thing we could do would be to replace the port.  Considering that I had already gone longer than most patients getting Yondelis, this feels like the right answer to me.  I especially like the fact that my chemo schedule won't slip!

I was also given a prescription to a more powerful antibiotic: Linezolid.  This will be of great benefit if what I have is either a port infection or a skin infection.

Surgery is Friday morning at 11:00am.  I'm not expecting this to be a big deal, though I am expecting to be sore for several weeks.  The best part though is that now I will have matching scars on both sides of my chest!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a smooth procedure and speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covering you nightly with prayer! Much love coming to you from Idaho!!!

    ReplyDelete