Tuesday, February 25, 2020

"Stable" MRI Results; Round #15 Started Today!

Hello!  Long time, no post!  Yes, I am still alive and continue doing well with the treatment, working full time, and loving life!  Here's a recent picture of us while vacationing in Florida:
At JBs Fish Camp

Returning now to my treatment status . . . .

Back in December, I mentioned that I was due for a follow-up MRI here in February.  I had that scan back on February 16 and the results indicate that my tumor is "stable".  It was actually noted as "stable" back in December too, which is really just a nice way of saying that it hasn't shrunk (or grown or metastasized) since my September 2019 scans (5 full months).  I'd prefer to see shrinkage!

After having a long talk with my Oncologist (Dr. Ummed), he has convinced me that "stable" is actually a good thing and that tumors will stop shrinking at some point.  And given that I've been tolerating the Yondelis quite well now over the past 10+ rounds, he felt there was no need to either increase my dosage or frequency of chemo.  It's just not worth the increased risk of toxicity when we are already seeing stable/controlled results with the current dosage schedule.  I'm all good with that doctorly wisdom and all, so let's just hope that it remains stable . . . for years to come!

Also, in my previous post I mentioned that they had found a "new soft tissue edema enhancement".  This blip still shows up in my latest scans, though apparently "stable" as well.  So I'm just not going to worry about it.  Not now at least!

That's all I have for you!  Expect another update after my next scan, which is probably 2 - 3 months away (TBD).

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,
    happy to read you again.
    "stable" is howsoever a good word.
    The good thing about trabectedin is that you can use it continuously for years, there is not a total cumulative dose (like anthracycline).
    What about adrotherapy?
    Best regards
    Dario

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By my reading, adrotherapy is something only offered in Europe. The best covered radiation treatment option for me currently is stereotactic from Memorial Sloan Kettering, which I’m still holding while I remain “stable” From chemo alone. Thanks for posting!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the good news. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Dave - Yesterday I was diagnosed with liposarcoma stage 1 on my lower left abdomen which is localized. In which I will be treated at MSK in the very near future. I want to sincerely thank you sir for sharing your liposarcoma story. Since stumbling across your blogspot I have read all your posts since 2008. Your story has really helped me and I will continue to follow you. Once again thank you so so much!! Wishing you well. Kind regards - Joe 🌞

    ReplyDelete