Friday, September 28, 2012

Double Take!

I got an interesting phone call the other day that I should to let you-all know about: it was from my Orthopedic Oncologist's Physician Assistant (i.e., the group that is responsible for my ongoing care and scanning). It went something like this:

  • PA: Mr. Novak, how are you doing?
  • Me: Ummm . . . fine??? You tell me! I can't help but be a little nervous whenever I get a call from you guys!
  • PA: Well, we were reviewing your latest CT-Scan and the official radiology report and have just a few concerns about that bump we saw on your kidney [something I, Dave Novak, never mentioned to anyone]. We really don't think it's anything more than a cyst like we said when we saw you last, but given that we don't do the CT-Scan with contrast and that it's been 4 years since we've had a detailed MRI done of your abdomen, we thought it best to get you set up for an MRI. Again, we don't think this is anything to be concerned about, but we'd like to take a closer look just to rule out any issues. 

Well, I have the MRI for this later today, at 5:00pm at Emory Midtown to be exact. And honestly, I'm dreading the drive far more than the results! I mean really, that drive from Cumming to downtown Atlanta during Friday rush-hour traffic is a real pain. But I'll be happy to just get it (the scan, that is) out of the way.

Hopefully I have the results next week, so expect more updates then. In the meantime, I'm not too concerned.  Why should I worry?  That won't change anything about what is or is not happening.

Until then . . .

 --Dave

2 comments:

  1. Dave,

    Found your blog via the Sarcoma Alliance Forums. I have similar diagnosis(Stage III High Grade) as you, however, my Sarcoma is in my calf and similar in size. Just completed round 1 of the AIM Chemo (Doxy, Ifos, Mesna) and am in week 3, feeling alright. Your Blog has given me hope that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Thank you for that and I wish you the best with your test results.

    John Olson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John! AIM is exactly what I had too and it's tough, no doubt about it. If you haven't' read this yet, please check out this post I made a while back: Chemo Survival Guide

    ReplyDelete