Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August Scans . . . August Memories

Just a quick update to say that my 6-month CAP CT-scans were all clear. Yeah! Next scan will be chest CT only on February 21, 2013, which happens to be Holly's birthday (so it has to be good news, right?).

It's hard to believe that just over 4 years ago (on August 4, 2008) I started my first chemotherapy. Seems like forever ago . . . and almost like a different person. Did that really happen to me?!? I kid you not, I often have to read old posts just to remember 'Yeah, that really did happen!' I guess a significant part of me just doesn't even care to remember. And that's fine, because life goes on . . . and normalcy is a good thing. :)

And speaking of August 4, it was that date 3 years ago that Holly had her last chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. She's doing just fine now, thankfully.

Next update in another 6 months!

All the best,

--Dave

4 comments:

  1. So VERY glad to hear. Elizabeth is now on a yearly scan schedule, being NED for five full years. Let's all keep on keeping on. Thanks for the update, Dave.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news Dave! Let's all be N.E.D. forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are still going well for you all, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I wanted to thank you for writing this. I was diagnosed with Myxoid Liposarcoma just a couple of months ago. After removing what appeared to be a painful but otherwise harmless tumor, I got that call we all dread from our doctor on June 8th. Mine was in my left shin, deep in the muscle compartment, so they then went back for a second surgery a few days later to remove everything the tumor had touched, which included muscle, a few layers of bone, the lower portion of my sciatic nerve and one of the three arteries feeding my foot. No chemo for me and I've completed 17 of 32 radiation treatments.

    I've only now started reading about this type of cancer. I just lost a der friend to a very aggressive cancer and am watching another slowly lose the battle. I think I already have a bit of survivor's guilt, because I know I'll be okay. I've returned to work and it's so weird when people ask about my walking cast and crutch. To say I have cancer sounds weird coming from my own mouth. Perhaps because I don't feel "sick" but just have a lame leg.

    Anyway, as I read through your blog, it helps me gain perspective that everyone's struggle is different and unique, but that a commonality of positivity, hope and strength is what gets us through.

    Thank you and congratulations on the continued great news!

    Ps... I laughed when I read "zipper leg" .... I call mine Frankenleg. :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete