Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"I am a Survivor" (or at least that's what they tell me)

Hey Everyone --

I had my quarterly scans today (CAP CT-Scan only this time) and all was clear.  Yeah!  Perhaps even better yet is the fact that, now that I'm nearly 2 years NED*, my scan schedule will drop to every 4 months going forward.  To help mark this anniversary, my Orthopedic Oncologist presented me with this hard-earned T-shirt:

Yes, I "doctored" the photo  :)

More outrageous celebration to follow on March 18, which is my "official" 2-year anniversary.  Until then, enjoy the rest of your week and always be thankful for good health!

* NED = No Evidence of Disease

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, and here's to many more T'Shirts in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord! Over, and over, and over! God Blessed! So happy for you!

    Hugs,

    Annmarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really pleased for you Dave. I had a very large myxoid liposarcoma in my left thigh and buttock 16years ago and have been well since although the surgery has left me fairly disabled, I lost my gluteous maximus and 2 hamstrings. But I am still here.

    I have read your story and its amazing how close to my own it has been, But 16yrs and I am still here. there is great power in positive thinking. good luck

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dave, so happy to read that all went well in Feb and that you will no doubt have celebrated the "official" on 18 March!
    best regards,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete