Friday, June 25, 2010

Colonel Mustard, in the Dining Room, with a Camera*

This is a picture** of my right arm & shoulder area from yesterday, prior to quite a bit of scrubbing to remove the Betadine.  I was covered with this stuff from my chest all the way up my right arm and getting it off was quite the trick.  Simple soap and water couldn't "cut the mustard" (so to speak).  It took rubbing alcohol and a few dozen cotton balls just to tone down the stain.

The good news though is that I'm doing just fine.  I've had no problems with bleeding and the pain has been manageable.  What pain I do feel can best be described as dull, achy, and sore; it kind of feels like someone punched me in the armpit repeatedly (not that this has ever happened before or anything, but I can only imagine it must be similar).

My mobility with my right arm is somewhat limited, though mostly by choice at this time.  I'm purposely not trying to do too much with it as I don't want to risk disturbing the incision area.  But after the bandage comes off (Saturday afternoon), I'll likely start doing more.  Even so, I need to keep that area clean and dry, which means avoiding outside work (especially in our Hotlanta 90+ degree weather) and not washing that area for the next couple of weeks.  I'm sure the guys in the office are gonna just love that when I return next week!

Overall, I've got no complaints and I'm quite relieved that this all went so smoothly.  And I promise to post updates in conjunction with my pathology results and my follow-up appointment in 2 weeks (Mom!), though I don't expect either to be eventful.

Have a great weekend!

------------------------------------------------
* For those who don't have a clue about this title, it was supposed to be a reference to the Clue Game, where Colonel Mustard is one of the characters in this murder mystery.  And given my mustard colored arm and the fact that I'm in my dining room . . . well I think you see what I was shooting for.  And yes, I know: if I have to explain it, then it must not be very funny.  :)

** Some email clients block pictures, so if no picture is present, you can click on the Bold Blue Title in the email and that will take you directly to this post at my blog site, where all will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment