Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quarterly scans “all clear”

Just a quick update to let you know that I had scans this morning (MRI on my left thigh and a Chest CT-Scan) and both were clear.  Yeah!  It’s always such a relief to get that kind of good news, even though I typically don’t worry about it (except sometimes the night before a scan).  My next scans (CAP) have already been scheduled for August 12th.

Still to be arranged is a date for removing the rather large lipoma under my right armpit. Dr. Monson will be doing that surgery likely sometime mid to late June timeframe. I just need to sit down and look at my calendar, Holly’s calendar, the kid’s summer schedule, and then make that fit with Dr. Monson’s surgical schedule.  I’m told that the surgery will be done on an outpatient basis and that I will be out of commission for about a week recovering at home.  Holly’s axillary node dissection surgery was similar to this both in terms of complexity and location, and I know it took her a while to bounce back from that.  Dr. Monson also said that a full pathology would be ordered on what they remove (to rule out cancer).

The other thing I wanted to mention is our Gwinnett Relay for Life results this year.  Thanks to contributions from many generous friends and family members, Holly and I together raised around $3,500.  That is really awesome and it’s all for such a good cause too.  I would encourage each of you to participate in the Relay for Life event in your area.  It’s really quite an uplifting experience.

More updates in another month or so . . . once this lipoma-gone-wrong gets the hatchet treatment!







Kyle, Bryce, Holly, and Dave about to share their story at Gwinnett Relay for Life last Friday (click to enlarge).  


You might notice that I'm wearing last year's shirt.  I like purple better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment