Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Port removal surgery Thursday morning . . .

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I’m having my port removed tomorrow morning. I’ve had a port in my right chest now for about a year and I’m ready to have it taken out. Hopefully I won’t need another one anytime soon (if at all). This should be a simple outpatient procedure. I’ll let you know later tomorrow how it went.

Also, I wanted to let you know that the CT-Scan I had back in May came back clean. “No significant changes” were noted. My next scans are in mid-August (lucky me).

Finally, I had a brain MRI done just a few weeks back (on June 26). I recently got word that the Radiologist has given me a clean bill of health on that. It turns out that I had a 5cm pituitary tumor (benign), which was removed back in October, 2000. I’ve just never mentioned that here since it’s unrelated to my sarcoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment