Sunday, May 17, 2009

CT Scan Tomorrow

Yup, it's that time again. Three months have elapsed since my last CT scan, so I'm due for another one tomorrow (Monday) morning. This one will be a Chest, Abdomen, and Pelvic scan (the same as what I had back in February). Immediately following the scan I go in for a port flush and a visit with Dr. D'Amato. I likely won't get any results, however, until Wednesday.

Though I expect the results to be positive (err, I mean negative . . . I mean no metastasis was found), I'm not sweating it in the meantime. All I know for sure is that I have a vacation coming up over Memorial Day weekend (and the week following) and I'm going to relax (one way or another). It should be a lot of fun and the family is looking forward to it.

Well, I've got to go now and choke down a bottle of barium sulfate suspension (Berry Smoothie flavor). I can't wait to have the second bottle in the morning instead of my usual coffee. :)

Expect another update on Wednesday after I find out the results.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave - We are now in our 2nd year - post treatment and have scans every four months now. Ema and I just spent an agonizing week waiting for results from her MRI of her surgical site on her leg and a full, head-to-toe PET scan. The MRI came back clear, as did the PET, but the PET took a full week, and we were so anxious waiting for the results. You know the routine - "Why is it taking so long??? Did they have to send the scan to Harvard? Did the lab run out of pens as all the ink was used up circling "suspicious" areas???" Crazy, but all in vain. We got the "all clear" and now can enjoy our summer. Here's hoping and praying you will too. Cheers, Tom and now for the shameless plug: http://emasrecovery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you and Holly every day Dave!

    God Bless You Both!

    ReplyDelete