Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The biopsy results are in: Myxoid Liposarcoma

First, let me tell you that the last 5 days were the longest 5 days in my life. Waiting, wondering, and not knowing really stinks.

But I've got a lot of people pulling for me and praying for me that this would be benign, and this gives me strength. In my gut, though, I was fairly certain that I had some type of malignancy. I was just hoping it wasn’t that serious.

The diagnosis came Tuesday morning (July 15): Myxoid Liposarcoma. This meant that the CT scan (already scheduled for Thursday) was on. Why the CT scan? Because the Liposarcoma has a tendency to metastasize, spreading in particular to the lungs and the liver.

Now it was just a short 2-day wait for the CT scan, the results of that scan, and a detailed description of what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment